Google recently announced that they are rolling out a new Google Search Console Insights tool that combines data from both Search Console and Google Analytics. Throughout this blog, we will be taking an in-depth look into what benefits this new tool can bring to you and your business.
If you’re new to Google Search Console and/or Google Analytics then this may seem a little overwhelming but fear not! Before we go any further, click here to read our short blog which explains what Google Search Console is and watch our short video below to get you up to scratch with Google Analytics, so you can fully understand how Google’s new insights tool works.
On August 17th Google tweeted that the tool will “provide content creators with the data they need to make informed decisions and improve their content”.
What is Search Console Insights?
This new experience is designed to show content marketers an overview of how audiences have discovered their website’s content. It also provides insights about their audience and which pieces of content have resonated with them.
How do I access Search Console Insights?
Currently, Google Search Console Insights is a closed beta, meaning only a small handful of people have access to it. If you’ve been lucky enough to receive an invite then here are the ways that you can access it:
- Follow the link that has been provided to you in the email you received from Google.
- Click the link here and log in with your Google account.
- Access it from the “Search Console in Search results” feature. (Search for a query that your beta listed site ranks for. You should see a Google powered result titled “Search performance for this query”. That result will contain a link that will take you to Search Console Insights).
There is no information regarding when this new tool will be available for everyone, but beta testers are being encouraged to share feedback with Google to help improve future versions.
How will Search Console Insights help me?
Here are the five main questions that Search Console Insights will help you to answer about your site’s content:
- Which pieces of content are performing the best?
- How well are your new pieces of content performing?
- How are people across the web discovering your content?
- What are your site’s top and trending queries on Google Search?
- What other sites and articles link to your site’s content and did you get any new links?
The main advantage of this new tool is being able to access the data from Search Console and Google Analytics in one place. We understand that data can sometimes be tricky to navigate, so if you need a helping hand then get in touch on 01543 495 752, we’d be happy to help.